Wednesday, March 18, 2009

YPAS Concert Tour reporters tell why they are excited about the tour

Hello from Ember at Incantato Tours! I bet you all are starting to feel excited about your upcoming performance tour. It's amazing how you can do all this planning for so long and then all of the sudden...IT'S HERE! As you know, we awarded a scholarship for tour reporters and three of your fellow singers applied for it. On this blog, they will summarize highlights of the tour, and share the reality of the travel experiences and YPAS Touring Concert Choir performances.
The first assignment was to describe why they look forward the trip. They did such a wonderful job, I hope that after you read these that they will get your engines even more revved up about getting ready to get on that plane!

Let's start with Reece Johns: Spring break is approaching fast and every day I find myself thinking about Spain and Portugal. My mind keeps wandering to images of narrow cobblestone streets, small street-side cafés, and beautiful architecture looming over me. The trip is now only a month away and I want it to start tomorrow. I can imagine myself in Lisbon, leaning against a rail that overlooks the sapphire Atlantic Ocean. I am excited to meet the people and to see how their culture relates to ours. I want to see the similarities and differences between us all and possibly borrow a few of their unique customs. A fellow singer said, “I just can’t wait until we get to sing. We have been working so hard and I want to hear how we sound.” This trip may be the only chance I ever have to go to Europe and I want to be able to see everything, taste everything, and experience all the surroundings and cultures these people have to offer.

Next comes: My name is Hannah Landgrave and I am writing to let you know why I am looking forward to traveling with YPAS to Spain and Portugal. As a freshman vocal major this is a once in a life time experience for me. Traveling with YPAS and singing for the audiences and congregations in the beautiful cathedrals throughout Spain and Portugal will be unforgettable. I am looking forward to singing with the youth choir from Spain and meeting the teenagers in the choir. Learning about their culture and the differences between living in America and Spain will be very interesting. I was talking to Victoria Bickett a senior vocal major about our trip and she told me. "This is a great way to bond with the choir members at YPAS". I know this will be a great trip.

Last not least, let's hear from Sara Gossman: To travel overseas is the opportunity of a lifetime, especially with a choir I have been singing with since freshman year. I've never been to a foreign country, and to do it with one of my favorite teachers and lots of classmates will make this trip even more worthwhile. Jackie Wagner, another girl going on the trip said, “I'm excited because it will be an amazing experience for many people (myself included) who might not get to travel out of the country otherwise. Also, many of the kids have been studying Spanish for multiple years and the ability to utilize this knowledge will just be amazing.” It is going to be a life changing experience, like traveling through uncharted waters. This opportunity will be fascinating and invigorating. I'm looking forward to all the beautiful sights, and I know I will cherish the memories from this journey for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment