Friday, March 27, 2009

"We made it" - YPAS travelers enjoyed their flights and love Madrid

From Sara Gossman: "Hello everyone. We have successfully landed in Madrid and it’s gorgeous here. I’m happy to say that both flights weren’t as bad as I’d originally thought they would be. We took a bus from Louisville to Cincinnati where Group A boarded at 2:20 as scheduled. However, Group B’s flight was delayed nearly and hour and a half. As we finally boarded our plane we started to discover these quaint little t.v. monitors in the back of each seat. These mini t.v.’s offered newly released movies, music, t.v. shows, and games, all complimentary to the passengers. I personally enjoyed watching Slumdog Millionaire. We landed in New York around 8:00 p.m. and had yet another delay to look forward to. Thank goodness it wasn’t that long of a wait, as the passengers got to enjoy just a little bit of time to roam around the terminal at JFK. We boarded our completely full flight around 9:45 p.m. and took off around 11:00 due to runway traffic. We expected a 10:55 a.m. arrival time, which excited most of us! The lovely flight attendants served us a complimentary dinner and breakfast. I’d have to say that the breakfast was my favorite meal. Trying to sleep on a plane is nearly impossible, and most of us will be suffering from jetlag, but it is worth it! Overall the flight went well and I’m excited to say that we are finally in Spain!"

No comments:

Post a Comment