Wednesday, April 1, 2009

YPAS 2009 Performance Tour Day 7 from Tour Reporter Sara Gossmann

4/1/09

Oporto and Lisbon

We had yet another early morning, in which we got up and had another fabulous breakfast. Surprisingly they don’t seem to have much fruit in Spain, but this hotel had a lovely selection of fruit as well as juices and coffee. We departed for Oporto, which in Portuguese is also known as simply Porto. We took a guided tour of the city, which was a little overwhelming but the best part was seeing the train station. We also got the opportunity to see a wonderful view of Porto.

After this we took a break drove to the beach for free time and lunch. I ate at a nice restaurant on the coast and had a wonderful fruit salad which was set in orange juice. This was the first time I had ever seen the Atlantic Ocean. It was even more gorgeous than I expected. The water was a little on the cold side so no one really got the opportunity to go swimming. We met back up then departed for Lisbon.

The bus ride from Porto to Lisbon, also known as Lisboa was four and a half hours. I tried to sleep most of the time but it was nearly impossible. When we finally arrived we ate at a little restaurant. They served us wonderful tapas, a cod main dish, and for desert a fruit salad. This was a big surprise and I personally enjoyed it. Soon after we checked into the hotel and got to enjoy time to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment